Live-in (sep. accommodation)
7.30am - 8pm (2 hrs lunch)
£50000- £60000 p.a.
For a busy family in Surrey, we are looking for an experienced hands-on Butler/ Chef (live-in) to help organize their property. Mon - Fri. Must be able to drive and have good cooking skills. Separate studio apartment provided.
The Client: The returning client is a lovely busy family with three children (near teenagers) who go to private school, with their parents working from home and travelling frequently. At weekends the family enjoy their privacy. The household is busy, informal, relaxed, very friendly and enjoys a more formal approach when guests visit. On the Chef’s day off the Butler/ Chef cooks the meals (the children are at school during the day) which are planned well ahead. The other staff are a private PA, a housekeeper, a private chef, a nanny and garden staff who each know their responsibilities well - the House Manager/ Chef is an equal member of the team, managing the property, providing a smooth service to the family.
The location: The full-time residence has 5 bedrooms, a large garden with a pool and terraces. The interior is stylish, modern and chic including wooden floors and extensive art work. Occasionally friends and family will visit. The location is about a 20 min walk from shops.
The duties of the Butler/ Chef:
- Report on maintenance issues
- Ready house and rooms for re-use
- Take in deliveries & supervise contractors
- Plan, shop and cook for the family when needed
- Cook healthy family meals on chef's day off
- Lay and clear tables
- Provide drinks or table service when guests visit
- Clean outside furniture/ terrace
- Keep cars clean and tidy
- Carry out school runs, if required
- Oversee contractors when required
- Ensure property and garden are secure
- Help plan small family events and decorate property
- Assist with packing/ unpacking
- Liaise with Principal, Private PA and the other staff
- Keep household manual up to date and inventories
- Run errands & personal shopping
- Travel with the family on occasion
- Occasional child minding if required (time given in lieu)
- Dog care and walking if needed
- Min 5 years’ experience within a HNW family setting
- Hands on approach and knowledge of formal/ butler service
- Excellent knowledge of smart home technology and formal service
- Fluency in English
- Confident in cooking family meals when required
- Clean drivers licence
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- High standards and an acute eye for detail
- Excellent hygiene standards (particularly re. COVID-19 safety measures)
- Written references from past private employers
- A current DBS security check
The family is looking for someone who is a team player and an excellent communicator. The Butler/ Chef should have a flexible and pro-active approach. The family are always away during the private school holidays (16 plus weeks), when work hours and work load are reduced.
A very well -appointed self-contained studio apartment is provided with a separate entrance.
The hours: Mon - Fri. 7.30am - 8.00pm with 2 hours for lunch (meals while at work are provided).
The salary: £50.000 - £60.000 gross per annum (living-in) depending on experience and past salaries, plus holidays
Start: September 2020 - interviewing now.