9am - 6pm 5 days a week (incl weekends)
£60000 - £70000 gross p.a.
For a couple in a large historic property in Gloucestershire we are looking for a well experienced Butler to run the household. Live-out, includes weekends (time off during the week)
The 5 bedrooms property is set in large grounds and has several out buildings and a swimming pool/ spa complex. The interior includes wooden floors and stair cases, paintings and antiques, silk curtains and marble. The Owners employ one housekeeper and a full-time chef. The exterior (except the terraces) is taken care of by contractors. It is a full-time residence and the couple travel frequently over short periods. They enjoy a formal service and entertain when possible.
They are seeking a butler who is very flexible and refined to ensure they are provided with a high standard of service including at weekends. Some occasional travel may be required within Europe.
Duties of the Butler:
- Overseeing the household and staff
- Managing contractors
- Planning parties
- Arranging flowers
- Welcoming guests
- Providing table and drinks service
- Polishing silver
- Caring of antiques, wood work, paintings
- Turning down and valet service if required
- Reporting any repairs
- Driving duties (airport runs)
- Dealing with request and admin of the property
- Taking care of the dog (feeding and brushing)
- A min. of 5 years’ experience as a formal butler and butler training
- Experienced in working in old/ historical properties (paramount)
- Clean drivers’ license
- Confident in formal service
- Ability to work at weekends
- Live locally (live-out position)
- Written references from past private employers
- Recent security check
The couple are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced, confident, hands-on butler who has a friendly and efficient demeanour.
The nearest town of Gloucester which is 15 min away. For the initial period accommodation will be provided locally. A car for work and leisure is also available to the butler..
Hours: 9am- 6pm 5 days a week including weekends (2 days off in the week) with some flexibility when entertaining (time in lieu given). Some flexibility may be required when entertaining - time in lieu given.
Salary: £60000- 70000 gross per annum
To start: Oct. 21 - interviewing asap.