Mon - Fri, 9am-2pm & 5pm-9pm
CHF 90000 - 120000 per annum
For a HWN couple we are seeking a French/ English speaking trained Butler to work in their residences outside Geneva and London. Drivers only and some basic cooking skills essential. The role offers an apartment close by in Geneva, in London it is live-in.
The couple own two properties, a 4 bedroom villa on the outskirts of Geneva and a modern duplex apartment in Chelsea with large terraces overlooking the river. There are full time housekeepers in each property who have both been employed for several year. The interiors are stylish, very high end, decorated in muted colours and luxury furnishings and decor. The couple frequently travel between the two residences. Both lead very busy lives and eat out a lot. When they are eating in, they enjoy simple, nutritional meals with the best ingredients and love to cook themselves. The couple would like to find a butler who is able to cook basic dishes on odd occasions, simple salads, soups, pasta dishes - certainly no dinner parties for which they would hire a chef in. The role reports directly to the Principals. There are no pets. Travel to other locations will not be needed.
The duties of the Butler:
- In impeccable formal service of drinks and at the table
- Welcoming guests (in small numbers)
- Laying tables and decorating properties
- Valet service including packing and unpacking
- Concierge services (booking of restaurants, private jets, private chef, etc.)
- Occasional light cooking
- Overseeing housekeepers and preparing properties for arrival
- Personal shopping and running errands
- Dealing with contractors, deliveries and households stocks
- Ordering and or arranging flowers
- Petty cash and dealing with bills
- Formal butler training from a reputable school (min 4 weeks)
- 8 years’ experience in a formal household with management
- Fluency in English and French
- Clean driver license
- Excellent knowledge of formal etiquette
- A passion for fine wines is an advantage
- Good knowledge of both cities (London/ Geneva) is essential
- Ability to cook basic and healthy meals
- Written references from past employers
- Recent security check
The couple love the flexibility of living between the two cities and seek a professional butler who can support this lifestyle. Candidates should be well presented and have a fitting demeanour and attitude, sensitive to the employers needs and with great people skills.
In Geneva the butler is provided with a full-furnished apartment a 10 min drive away. In London there is an en-suite double room, reception room and kitchenette with a shared entrance. The contract is based in Switzerland.
* To comply with Swiss laws this role is placed through our sister agency, see CONTACT page for details. Please apply through Luxury Assets only. Thank you.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 2pm and 5pm - 9pm with some flexibility when couple if entertaining or travel (time in lieu given)
Salary: CHF 90000 - CHF 120000 gross a year, depending on training and experience, plus bonus.
To start: as soon as possible