Live-in (sep. accommoation)
5 days/ 8am - 2pm & 5pm till 8pm
EUR 4000 - 5500 net/ month
For a HNW Principal we are looking for a qualified live-in Butler (self-contained apartment provided) for a min. two year contract to work in Singapore. Formal butler training essential and willing to undergo COVID quarantine. Male or Female Butlers will be considered. EU passport and drivers’ license essential.
A single mature female Principal, with a professional background is relocating to a large property in Central Singapore. The Principal adores European formal etiquette and is therefore creating a new role for a butler to run her household to high formal standards. She enjoys a busy lifestyle, frequently goes out and has a very full schedule. There are no children but there is one important large pet dog that will need to be taken care of.
The property is a beautiful sought after bungalow situated in landscaped gardens (no pool) with a fountain and spa. The 7000 sq ft. home consists of two stories plus a basement and is furnished with fine European furniture and antiques. The outdoors is taken care of and the butler manages one housekeeper/ cook and there is a Private PA who supports the Principal.
The client entertains a lot for business and socially (15 - 20 guests/ COVID permitting) with no guests staying over. Formal caterers can be brought in if needed.
The duties of the Butler:
- Setting up household and running property to high standards
- Managing wardrobe and caring for designer clothes
- Overseeing contractors
- Setting up rooms, stocking up toiletries and online shopping
- Planning daily meals and menus for events
- Cooking light and healthy meals if required
- Providing drinks and front of house service
- Setting tables formally
- Organizing social and business meetings/ events including VIPs
- Decorating property for festivities
- Liaising with Private PA and housekeeper
- Taking care of dogs with walking and feeding
- Grooming dog, if required
- Driving Principal to meetings
- Running errands, personal shopping and concierge services
- Arranging flowers
- Managing household accounts
- Overseeing security and high tech appliances
Requirements for the Butler:
- Formal comprehensive butler training (8 weeks plus)
- A min. of 3-5 years’ experience within a private household or on board a yacht
- EU passport and clean drivers’ license
- Fluency in English
- Excellent knowledge of formal etiquette
- Experience of working in warm climates and Asia an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of fine wines & champagnes
- Great event organization and experience
- Willingness to quarantine for 2 weeks and be COVID tested (all expenses paid)
- Be aware of COVID health measures
- First Aid knowledge (or partake in a course if needed)
- Written references from past private employers
- Recent security check
The client is looking for a refined candidate with strong work ethics and very high standards. The butler should epitomize formal etiquette, be articulate with strong communications skills and a good sense of humour. The client is very particular about hygiene and cleanliness. She follows a healthy simple diet of steamed fish and vegetables. There may be some travel in the future.
This is a min 2 year contract and includes 1 return flight to the home destination each year.
The accommodation is a small apartment adjacent to the house with its own entrance, bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom as well as access to the garden and the basement of the property. TV and WiFi are provided. The property is very central and local buses are easily accessible.
Due to COVID extensive video interviews will be held including with the Principal. A mandatory 2 week quarantine will have to be observed on arrival - all expenses for travel and the quarantine costs will be paid. A salary for the quarantine time can be negotiated. The probation is 3 months.
Hours: 5 days a week (including weekends if needed), hours to be discussed - approx. 8am - 2pm and 5pm till 8pm with some flexibility for events (time in lieu given). Hour to be discussed at interview.
Salary: EUR 4000 - 5500 net a month depending on experience and training, live in accommodation provided. Holidays to be confirmed.
To start: As soon as possible