10am - 7pm, 5 days a week
CHF 8000 - 10000 net a month
For a Middle Eastern large family we are looking for a trained female Butler (for cultural reasons) to be based at the residence full-time. Live in (separate apartment) or live-out. Candidates must currently be in Switzerland, be able to drive and speak fluent Arabic.
The client is a large family who owns several properties in Switzerland one of which is the main residence near Zurich. It is newly refurbished property by the lake. Interiors are of high standards. The family use the residence periodically and have other family members and friends stay as well, which makes it into virtually a full time residence. The children of the immediate family are aged between 3 and 15. The family seek someone who can provide a 5 star smooth service for each stay, overlooking every detail and request.
The duties of the Butler:
- Prepare rooms for arrival
- Oversee two housekeepers (and train if needed)
- Pack and unpack cases
- Take care of dry cleaning
- Valet service if required
- Stock up on toiletries
- Welcome guests
- Arranging flowers
- Service drinks, food and tea
- Lay table and decorate property
- Prepare canapes and serve breakfast
- Plan small events
- Provide concierge services if needed
- Accompany female members on shopping visits
- Running errands
- Liaise with family office staff
- Ability to travel to the other properties if needed
Requirements of the Butler:
- 5 years’ experience as a butler for a HNW family
- Formal training and good knowledge of etiquette
- Fluency in English and Arabic, ideally also French
- Clean driver license
- Excellent local knowledge (of Zurich) and of luxury stores
- Good understanding of middle eastern culture
- Recent security check
- Written references from past private employers
- Well organized and flexible
The client is looking for a well-grounded responsible female butler (for cultural reason) who is able to elevate the service provided and ensure every guest is made to feel special and welcome. Attention to detail and flexibility will be needed.
The apartment is a one bedroom studio apartment in a residential block of 6 units and a very quiet area. It has a bedroom, large living room and bathroom and is fully furnished to high standards. There is access to a communal garden and a roof terrace.
The hours: 10am - 7pm, 5 days a week (incl. weekends) with an hour for lunch, some flexibility will be required, time in lieu provided.
Salary: CHF 8000 - 10000 gross a month on a live-in basis. A small apartment locally is supplied for sole use. Use of a car for work. Min of 20 day holidays (25 days if aged over 50 years old as per Swiss law). Candidates are obliged by law to obtain their own health insurance in Switzerland.
* To comply with Swiss laws this role is placed through our sister agency, see CONTACT page for details. Please apply through Luxury Assets only. Thank you.
To start: as soon as possible.