Live-out (accommodation in Spain provided)
8am - 5pm, Mon - Fri
£50000 - £60000 gross per annum
For a busy HNW family we are looking for an experienced Live-out Head Housekeeper to look after a larger property in Belgravia, London, UK with travel to Ibiza, Spain. Drivers only and Spanish language skills an advantage. The London property spreads over four floors and has recently been refurbished. It is modern and light and has a pool and spa complex in the basement. The property is a full-time residence, bar school holidays and the family employ one housekeeper, one nanny/ housekeeper (both based in London) and a Private Chef who also travels with the family.
The family would like the Head Housekeeper to raise standards particularly at the Ibiza property where a housekeeper is employed. The family travel mostly during the school holidays. The Spanish property is partially refurbished over this winter and for some of the summer months the property is occasionally let. The family would only need the Head Housekeeper to be in Ibiza for short periods. Both properties are run informally and there are no pets.
The duties of the Head Housekeeper
- Oversee and manage all housekeeping duties
- Assist housekeepers if necessary
- Train staff and set up cleaning systems in both properties
- Organize laundry cupboards and utility rooms
- Travel to Ibiza property when required (for short period)
- Assist with packing and unpacking
- Handle security alarms and smart home technology
- Open and close property
- Deal with contractors and mail
- 5 years experience as a Head Housekeeper within a private family
- Housekeeping skills to high standards
- Clean Driver License
- Settled or pre-settled status
- Ideally someone with experience of working in warm climates
- Fluency in English (knowledge of Spanish is an advantage)
- Ideally experienced in training others
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Be familiar with high tech home technology
- Willing to travel for 3-5 days at a time (once every two months)
- Excellent references from past families
- Recent security check
The role is contracted in the UK and the family requires someone reliable, responsible and knowledgeable able to run both properties, remotely if necessary. Someone who is not fazed by being busy and who is well organized and manages their time and work load well.
The accommodation in Spain is an self-contained apart-hotel close by with a car provided.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm with some flexibility when travelling and 1 hour for lunch with meals provided if the chef is at the property. Time in lieu given.
Salary: £50000 - £60000 gross per annum depending on experience, accommodation in Spain provided
To start: Oct 2021