Our client is looking for a permanent full-time live-out Head Housekeeper to oversee two properties in Lucerne and St. Moritz, Switzerland. Driver essential. Fluency in German required (Italian and English are beneficial).
The client, a lovely German couple, frequently travel abroad and live between the two properties, one of which is occasionally let. Local p/t housekeepers are employed for each and the couple is seeking someone competent who coordinates the work and raises standards. The Lucerne lake side property has 5 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, a conservatory as well as a garden. The mountain chalet has 4 bedrooms, contains a lot of woodwork and is very modern in style. There are no pets. No cooking required.
The duties of the Head Housekeeper:
- Overseeing all housekeeping duties
- Train staff and introduce higher standards
- Ready properties for Owners or guests (ski season)
- Report repairs
- Oversee contractors including gardeners
- Order stock
- Arrange flowers, water plants and fill fridge/ wine cellar
- Deal with utilities and check alarms
- Airport runs - if possible
- Run errands
- Min. of 4 years of local experience
- Fluency in German/ ideally also English or Italian
- Clean Drivers license
- Local knowledge and contacts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Written references from past employers
- Current security check
This is a live-out position. While no guests are in the St. Moritz property the Head Housekeeper is able to use one of the rooms to stay over. A car is supplied. Some flexibility will be required. Time in lieu is always provided and the couple are flexible and generous with providing time off, providing the work gets done.
The hours: 8am - 5pm (1 hour for lunch) with flexibility
The salary: Excellent salary depending on experience, holidays and bonus.
* This role is placed through our partner agency in Switzerland. See the Contact page for details. Applications should be made through Luxury Assets.