Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
$US 5.5000 a month
For a HNW client, we are looking for a permanent hands-on live-in House Manager/ All-rounder to manage a large property in Palm Beach, Florida, USA. Driving essential – must have experience of working with Europeans and ideally US experience. Separate accommodation and visa assistance provided.
The Client: Our client is a discerning European businessman who travels frequently and occupies his property in Palm Beach less than 100 days a year. He visits around two weeks at a time and when he does mostly pursues hobbies away from the property during the day. Infrequently he has a small number of guests stay with him (friends or family). There is little if any entertaining and there are no pets. The household has a relaxed atmosphere but can at times be quite formal. Staffing. One gardener and one handyman are employed and managed ty the House Manager/ All-rounder. Cooking is not required as a Private Chef travels with the Owner. If needed p/t housekeeping help can be hired locally during busy periods. No formal uniforms but smart appearance will be required. While the location is glamorous and standards high, the Owner likes simplicity and appreciates a sensible and practical approach.
The location: The property has approx. 5 bedrooms with a pool and a large garden and is ocean fronted. Close by is an entertainment complex with bars and restaurants, the centre of Palm Beach is 25 min away. A car is provided. 4 weeks holidays and 1 return flight a year.
The duties of the House Manager/ All-rounder:
- Management of property including housekeeping
- Ready property for visits
- Organize and oversee all maintenance work and pool tests
- Oversee administration of property including bills
- Care of all laundry and wardrobe organization incl. packing and unpacking
- Prepare continental breakfast for Owner and guests
- Liaise with Owner and Family Office
- Ensure all cars are maintained, legal and clean
- Organize shipments of valuables incl. cars
- Update property manual
- Run errands and personal shopping, if required
- Min. 5 years’ experience in private experience (including European clients)
- High end housekeeping skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Past management experience (of property/ interior yacht and staff)
- Clean driver license
- Able to take or give directions well and manage own time well
- Hands-on, practical approach and highly adaptable
- Ideally an appreciation for the arts and cars and experience of having worked in the US
- A green card or US passport is a bonus
We are looking for candidates who have previously worked for European owners on board yachts or in properties. Refined and polite manners, diplomacy, a high degree of discretion as well as flexibility and being practical are required. While Owner visits may be busy, there is considerable down time for the rest of the year. Candidates should be highly dependable, able to organize their own work load and be unfazed by the location. Self-motivation and dependability are a must as well as being able to deal with the unexpected and good planning is key. The client is looking for a long-term commitment and has a record for retaining staff for decades. Probation is 3 months. A handover will be provided,
The hours: Mon. - Fri 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday with time for lunch and when property is unoccupied. More hours are required when guests visits. Time in lieu given.
The salary and benefits: $US 5.500 gross a month, 1 month holidays, a return flight a year and health insurance.
Start: As soon as possible