Live-in (sep. accommodation)
8am - 5pm Mon - Fri
CHF 3800 - 4500 net a month
For a mature German couple living in Lugano, we are looking for a competent housekeeper/ cook. Driver essential and good knowledge of Italian cuisine. Sep. accommodation provided. Candidate must already be currently in Italy or Switzerland.
The couple have lived for many years close to lake Lugano in a beautiful villa overlooking the lake. Their previous Housekeeper/ Cook is retiring after many years of service. They occasionally have friends and family stay over; there are no other staff. The property is very well maintained (there are contractors taking care of the garden and the pool) and the house is full of art work. The couple are passionate about local foods including home made confitures.
The duties of the Housekeeper/ Cook:
- Create menus and source produce
- Cooking to high standards including small dinner parties
- Lay and decorate tables
- All housekeeping duties
- Stocking cupboard and storing items
- Laundry care
- Care of silver, crystal and art work
- Prepare guest rooms
- Indoor plant care and overseeing contractors
- Occasionally drive the lady of the house to appointments
- Running errands
The requirements of the Housekeeper/ Cook:
- A min of 8 years’ experience with a full repertoire of Italian (and some German) dishes
- Ability to cook from recipe books
- Fluency in English and Italian (German is a plus)
- High standard of hygiene
- High end housekeeping skills
- Impeccable references from private employers
- Longevity in past roles
- Recent security check
The couple are looking for a Housekeeper/ Cook who is trustworthy, reliable, friendly and loyal.
The Housekeeper/ Cook is provided with a beautiful self-contained air conditioned apartment which is to the side of their property. It is entirely separate and has access to a terrace and the garden. A car is provided. Shops and amenities are very local and plentiful. The couple is anticipating a week's trial.
* To comply with Swiss laws this role is placed through our sister agency, see CONTACT page for details. Please apply through Luxury Assets only. Thank you.
The hours: 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri with an hour for lunch with some flexibility when entertaining (time in lieu given)
The salary: CHF 3800 - CHF 4500 net a month depending on experience
To start: autumn 21