Mon. - Fri. 8am - 7pm
£50.000 - £60.000 p.a.
We are looking for an experienced Butler/ All-rounder (live-in) to help organize their property in Surrey. Mon - Fri. Must be able to drive and have good cooking skills. Studio apartment provided. Ideally French speaking. Some travel may be required.
The Client: The returning client is a lovely busy family with three children (l4/7/9) who go to school, with their parents working from home and travelling frequently. At weekends the family enjoy their privacy and therefore this role is from Mon – Fri only while in Surrey. The household is busy, informal, relaxed, very friendly and enjoys a more formal approach when guests visit. Once a week, on a Wednesday the Butler/ All-rounder cooks meals for the family (children are at school during the day) which are planned well ahead. The other staff are a private PA, a housekeeper, 2 private chefs, a nanny and garden staff. The family own one large dog.
The location: The full-time residence has 5 bedrooms, a large garden with a pool and terraces. The interior is stylish, modern and chic including wooden floors and extensive art work. Occasionally friends and family will visit. The location is about 20 min from shops.
- Lay and clear tables
- Provide drinks or table service when guests visit
- Ready house and rooms for re-use
- Plan, shop for and cook for the family once a week
- Clean outside furniture/ terrace
- Keep cars clean and tidy
- Carry out school runs, if required
- Ensure property and garden are secure
- Help plan small family events
- Take in deliveries & supervise contractors
- Assist with packing/ unpacking
- Liaise with Principal and Private PA
- Report on maintenance issues
- Keep household manual up to date
- Run errands & personal shopping
- Travel with the family on occasion
- Occasional babysitting if required (time given in lieu)
- Dog care and walking if needed
- Min 4 years’ experience within a family setting
- Good knowledge of formal/ butler service
- Able to travel with the family on occasion
- Excellent knowledge of smart home technology
- Ability to cook healthy family meals
- Clean drivers licence
- Excellent organizational skills
- Requires a proactive, flexible and hands-on approach
- French language skills an advantage
- Written references from past private employers
- A current DBS security check
A well appointed self-contained studio apartment is provided with a separate entrance.
The hours: Mon - Fri. 8.00am - 7.00pm with an hour for lunch (meals while at work are provided).
The salary and benefits: £50.000 - £60.000 per annum (living-out) depending on experience. For live-in the salary is adjusted.
Start: September 2019 or sooner