£45000 - £50000 p.a.
For a family we are looking for a permanent full-time Butler/ Driver to work in Belgravia, London. Formal butler training essential and excellent driving experience.
The client: The Middle Eastern family have 3 children and many visitors who stay at the residence, however the family always travel abroad for the school holidays when the household is less busy. The parents also both drive themselves.
The location: The large 6 bedroom terraced and newly refurbished property is fully staffed with housekeepers and a chef. The household is run semi-formal, which turns to formal when guest are staying. There are no pets.
The duties of the Live-out Butler/ Driver:
- Lay-tables and serve food, particularly when guests visit
- Provide drinks service and food preparing on occasion
- Pack and unpack
- Carry out personal shopping and run errands
- Drive children and if required parents safely
- Keep cars (Land Rover/ Bentley) immaculate
- Oversee services/ MOTs and insurance
- Plan routes carefully
- Oversee contractors if required
- Formal Butler training from an established school
- Experience within a formal family household
- In depth knowledge of Kensington and surrounds
- Flexible attitude and well organized
- Longevity in previous roles
- To live within commutable distance to Kensington
- Clean drivers license with ideally an advanced driving course
- Knowledge of Arab culture and Arabic is an advantage
This is a busy and engaging role for someone who is well organized and experienced, able to deliver an impeccable service to the family. During school holidays the role is less demanding. When the family entertain formally, it may be necessary to work in the evenings – which is compensated with overtime pay or time in lieu. Emphasis is particularly on knowledge of formal service. There are no housekeeping duties as such but helping out may be necessary.
The family seeks a Driver/ Butler who is happy to assist in the household and who is good with children. Candidates must be well presented, highly organized, able to think ahead and be reliable at all times. The role is available because the previous butler/ driver is retiring. Fluency in English is a must/ Arabic and/ or French are an advantage.
Written references from past private employers and a current DBS security check will be required.
The hours: Mon. - Fri 7.30am - 5.30pm with an hour for lunch, which is provided. Any extra time is given as time in lieu.
Salary: £45000- £50000 gross a year. live-out depending on experience.
Start: As soon as possible