Mon - Fri, 12noon - 8pm
£850 - £1000 net a week
For a Middle Eastern family we are looking for a live-out bilingual (E/F) governess to help two of children (boy 10, girl 12) with their schooling. Must be degree educated.
The family live in Knightsbridge in a full-staffed large property where they moved to from abroad a year ago. The household is very busy and quite formal at times with a very friendly staff. The driver takes the children to school and one of the live-in housekeepers helps them get ready. The children need support with their homework, particularly with languages and science subjects. A quiet room to prepare work while children are at school is provided.
The duties of the Governess:
- Picking up children from school
- Overseeing home work
- Creating private classes that assist the curriculum
- Study with children for exams
- Preparing for and help with school entries
- Planning activities to help with leaning
- Liaising with teachers and parents
- Attending school meetings
- Overseeing games, books toys (adding new ones)
- Teaching etiquette and manners
- Preparing snacks if required
- Readying school bags
Requirements for the Governess:
- A min of 4 years’ experience
- Bilingual English/ French
- Degree educated, ideally with teaching qualifications
- TEFL qualified
- Experience with Middle Eastern families is an advantage
- Live within a commutable distance
- A record of assisting past children
- Written references from private families
- Recent security check
- Valid pediatric First Aid Cert.
The family is seeking an organized and well-presented governess who is able to teach and guide the children with ease and fun. They seek someone who is patient and reliable able to help the children succeed at school. During school holidays hours are reduced if family stay in London. There may be some travel with the family.
Hours: Mon - Fri - 12noon - 8pm with some flexibility
Salary: £850 - £950 net a week/ plus holidays and bonus
To start: as soon as possible