5 days week 11am - 9pm
£65000- £75000 p.a.
For a HNW family in Kensington we are looking for a female (for cultural reasons) qualified live-out Private Chef to work 5 days a week (days off during week). Michelin level background essential as well as private family experience. Ideally a 1-2 days trial is anticipated in the South of France before the end of Aug. 2019.
The client: The family has three young children. During school holidays they travel abroad. The large house is a fully staffed household including a house manager [singular to keep it simple] and is run semi-formally. The client entertains on occasion and in small numbers. There are two pet dogs. There is no travel with this role and driving is not required.
Standards for this household are exceptionally high. Dishes must be healthy, nutritionally balanced and made from the finest and freshest quality available. Some Michelin type cooking may be required for dinner parties. Executing and presenting dishes well is paramount.
The location: Large full-time property in Kensington, very stylish, very high end. It includes a modern well equipped kitchen that is on show and must be kept immaculate at all times.
The duties of the Private Chef:
- Create healthy, light and varied menus
- Source and purchase the highest and best quality organic produce
- Prepare and cook healthy meals including snacks for the children
- Introduce family to new flavours and dishes
- Cook staff meals
- Keep kitchen, cupboards and fridges spotless at all times
- Store foods and produce appropriately
- Account for expenses and budgets
- Liaise with staff and suppliers
- Bake with the children, if required
- Keep up to date with current food trends
- Occasional dog care, if required
- Formal chef training and experience in Michelin level restaurants
- 5 years’ experience as a family chef in private households
- Female chef (for cultural reasons)
- Wide repertoire of international cuisines including diets and intolerances
- Outstanding knowledge of sourcing the finest produce in London
- Excellent product, storage and hygiene knowledge
- Cooking to dinner party standard
- Live within a commutable distance
The sole focus and responsibility of this role is the kitchen and the food. The family have wide interests in many varied cuisines and tastes from around the world. Chef candidates must be able to take control of their domain and have a passion for food with a keen interest to explore and introduce new and healthy food trends. Good knowledge of nutrition is essential as well as gluten free and healthy foods (homemade breads, energy bars, home-made soups, green juices, healthy snacks). Additional training in some areas can be provided.
We are looking for candidates who are well qualified, confident in their abilities, organized, flexible, with excellent communications and presentation skills. Written references from former private employers will be required as well as a recent DBS security check.
Please note that if possible we would like to trial suitable candidates in the South of France (from 1-2 days) before the end of Aug. 2019.
The hours: 11am – 9pm with a lunch break, over 5 days including the weekends (time off during the week). Breakfast is prepared by other staff. Any extra time is given as time in lieu.
The Salary: £65000 - £75000 gross a year or depending on experience, plus 28 days holidays including bank holidays (Christmas and New Year the family are away). Please note that other bank holidays may have to be worked, time in lieu given.
To start: As soon as possible.