Mon- Fri 8am-5pm
For a large private estate with several properties in Berkshire we are looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager with electrical qualifications. Must be hands on and have strong technical experience from luxury hotels or private properties.
The estate comprises several acres, a large main house, two more properties, a spa/ pool complex, smaller outbuildings and offices as well as a small apartment in Central London. The interior is of a very high spec and includes underfloor heating, detailed LED lighting (indoor and outdoor), security, AV/ AC systems, boilers, generators, Apple TV as well as humidifiers. The estate is fully staffed including security, gardeners and a handyman. The owners visit only occasionally. There are no planned upgrades. The role reports to the Property Director.
The duties of the Maintenance Manager:
- Maintain all installations and keep the estate running
- Carry out repairs to limit external contractors where possible
- Manage maintenance plans, introducing savings
- Obtain quotes, source and order products online
- Plan and work to budgets
- Oversee and follow up on contractors
- Update manuals
- Report on issues
- Travel to and maintain the Central London property
- Maintain health and safety measures
The Requirements of the Maintenance Manager:
- Min. of 6 years’ experience as Maintenance Manager (of luxury hotels/ resorts or private estates)
- Level 3 NVQ diploma in Installing/ Electro technical Services or equivalent
- Clean drivers’ license
- Sound technical understanding and practical skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Written references from past employers
- Recent DBS security check
- Able to work to COVID-19 safety measures
The client is looking for someone with a hands-on approach, technically savvy and dependable. Candidates must be responsible, able to prioritize work while working to high standards and at times under pressure (when the family visit, which is rare). Key is to ‘get the job done’ - which is why working hours can be flexible to suit.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm (or as it suits), including time for lunch, some flexibility may be required when the family visits
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience. Please mention your salary expectations and last salary.
To start: as soon as possible