Mon - Fri, 8-2pm and 5-9pm
EUR 80000- 90000
For a British couple we are looking for a competent English/ French speaking Management Couple to run their French chateaux permanently. Fluency in French and having worked in France is essential, ideally also with rental experience.
The chateaux was refurbished two years ago consists of a main building with 4 bedrooms and several self-contained chalets within large grounds (including a pool, an orchard and walled vegetable garden). The couple lets some of the chalets in the summer season (sole use of entire property only), including wedding parties. The Owners employ one full time housekeeper and are looking for a couple who is able to manage and cater for the Owners as well as the guests (who are sometimes family members). The interiors are of high standards with muted colours, natural fabrics, wood and stone works. There are fire places in most rooms. Overall the service provided is casual and relaxed but of high standards. Many clients have been returning for many years (except during COVID). Throughout the year the Owners frequently travel when only the guests need to be catered for.
The duties of the Management Couple (Cook & Property Manager):
- (the duties can be mixed between the couple)
- Keeping the properties tidy and clean
- Overseeing housekeeper and contractors
- Managing bookings and guest’s inquiries
- Shopping for food (local markets)
- Overseeing the admin of the properties/ accounts
- Planning and cooking meals (including special diets)/ family cooking
- Providing a casual service
- Dealing with inquiries
- Overseeing contractors
- Assisting with housekeeping and light maintenance
- Keeping terraces and outside furniture clean
- Caring for two dogs when needed
- Airport trips
- Support guests with info on local places
- Providing onsite security while guests are booked
- 8 years’ experience as a domestic couple (ideally also experienced in luxury holiday rentals)
- Fluency in French and English
- Previous experience of working in France
- Excellent cooking and catering skills (incl. different diets)
- Highly organized with great front of house skills and billing
- Flexible and able to prioritize workload
- Good handy-man skills
- Attention to detail
- Written references from past employers
- Recent security check
The Owners have high standards but are not demanding and even help out if and when needed. They wish to ensure the guest’s stays are perfect. It is important to them that the domestic couple have excellent communications skills, able to operate as a smooth team. The season operates large from April till Oct with bookings over Christmas.
Accommodation is a two bedroom cottage within the grounds. Pets are allowed. A car is provided for work and private use.
Hours: Approx. 8am till 2pm and 5pm till 9pm Monday to Saturday during the summer season. Considerably less time out of season and when the Owners travel.
Salary: €80000 - €90000 (plus bonus)
To start: As soon as possible