8am - 5pm
CHF6000 - CHF7000 gross a year
A busy HNW family with three children is seeking a permanent live-out Nanny/ Housekeeper to work full-time based at their property outside Geneva (east). Driving essential and previous HNNW household experience.
The children (6/8/14) go to a local school and the mother sometimes work from home or travels. The Nanny/ Housekeeper takes care of the children in both shared and sole care with some proxy parenting. The property is large and there is an en-suite room to stay in overnight if needed. The family employ a House Manager as well as two housekeepers and the atmosphere is relaxed, yet a little more formal when visitors stay. The property contains high end furnishings and art work and the client owns an extensive designer wardrobe including cashmeres, silks and couture wear. There are two small well behaved pet dogs. For the Nanny/ Housekeeper the primary duty are the children, the secondary duty is supporting the housekeeping team. The role could also be described as an All-rounder.
The duties of the Housekeeper/ Nanny:
- School runs
- Taking children to activities
- Preparing healthy snacks
- Overseeing homework
- Planning activities and play dates
- Caring for the children’s laundry
- Overseeing packing of school bags
- Encourage good manners
- Reporting back to mother and support where needed
- Proxy parenting when needed (3/4 nights a month)
- Assisting with housekeeping (e.g. when children are at school)
- Lay and clear table
- Occasional light cooking of meals
- Pet care (feeding and letting dogs out into the garden)
- 4 years’ experience with similar ages
- Clean drivers’ license
- Fluency in English, ideally French
- Able to work legally in Switzerland
- Large range of creative activities to offer children
- Live within commutable distance
- Good knowledge of high end housekeeping
- High degree of flexibility
- A good organizer and communicator
- Written references from past families
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Recent security check
The Nanny/ Housekeeper needs to be reliable and provide comprehensive support to the mother with duties that vary from day to day, which makes the job interesting and challenging. Key for the Nanny/ Housekeeper is to connect well with the children and be flexible.
* To comply with Swiss laws this role is placed through our associate agency, see CONTACT page for details. Please apply through Luxury Assets only. Thank you.
Hours: Approx. 8am till 5pm with an hour for lunch (which is provided), time in lieu given for extra hours worked.
Salary: CHF6000 - CHF7000 gross a year depending on experience
To start: as soon as possible