5 days/ week 8am - 7pm
£60000 - £70000 p.a.
For a HNW family in Kensington we are looking for an experienced trained live-out House Manager to work 5 days a week (incl. weekends) alongside another House Manager and manage a fully staff residence. Must have clean driver license and driving experience in London.
The client: The family has three young children. During school holidays they travel abroad. The house has approx. 10 full-time staff and is run semi-formally. The client entertains on occasion and in small numbers. There are two pet dogs.
The location: Large full-time residence has eight bedrooms, three sitting rooms, a cinema room and a gym. It is furnished with exquisite and stylish furniture to very high standards including marble, antiques and art work.
The duties of the House Manager:
- Manage, schedule, appraise and supervise staff
- Prepare properties for family’s arrival
- Valet service and wardrobe management and care of fine furnishings
- Lay tables, serve meals and formal drinks service
- Update inventories and household manuals
- Liaise with contractors, private PAs and the family office
- Oversee contractors, take in deliveries and sort
- Prepare light snacks if required
- Personal shopping and running errands
- Account for expenses
- Plan private events
- Drive on occasion
- Care for the dogs, if needed
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a private family (ideally in London)
- Formal butler/ house management training
- Knowledge of fine wines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Good knowledge of formal service and fine luxury materials
- Refined manners
- A keen eye for detail and great presentation skills
- Clean drivers’ license (and experience in London)
- Current DBS check
We are looking for candidate who are able to work as part of a team and alongside another house manager (already in place) sharing the same role. Key is to deliver a smooth service to the family without interruptions. Candidates should be well presented, have excellent formal experience, be flexible and have a hands on approach. Written references from past private employers will be required.
The hours: 9am – 7pm (10 hours) with a lunch break, over 5 days including the weekends (time off during the week). Any extra time is given as time in lieu.
The Salary: £60000 - £70000 gross a year or depending on experience, plus 28 days holidays including bank holiays (Christmas and New Year the family are away). Please note that other bank holidays may have to be worked (time in lieu given.
To start: As soon as possible.