Live-in (sep. accommodation)
Mon - Fri, approx. 9am - 6pm
EUR 60000- 70000 gross a year
For a new client, a very successful businessman, we are looking for a trained experienced Travelling Butler with fluency in English and German, ideally also Spanish. Separate accommodation provided. Drivers only and some cooking skills beneficial.
The client frequently travels between Germany and Mallorca but also to other European destinations, Asia, the US and the Middle East on trips that last up to 3-4 weeks (COVID permitting). In Hamburg the client owns a large villa near the Alster river and a penthouse in the centre of the town close to his offices and a villa overlooking Palma Bay in Mallorca, Spain. He requires a Travelling Butler to accompany him to ensure his travels are organized and smooth. There are part-time housekeepers in each location. He frequently has guests and eats out, when he does entertain a catering company or private chef are hired. He owns two medium sized trained, well behaved dogs.
The duties of the Travelling Butler:
- Prepare accommodation for arrival (may include travelling ahead)
- Pack and unpack
- Organize wardrobe/ press shirts if needed
- Valet service
- Ensure properties are well stocked
- Light PA and concierge duties, booking transport, restaurants, tickets etc.
- Organize small events/ decorate tables
- Welcome guests and serve drinks
- Prepare canapes or snacks and light meals if required
- Personal shopping and running errands
- Oversee local staff
- Occasional driving duties
- Care of dogs, if required (there are dog walkers hired)
- 5 years experience within formal households including private jet travel
- Formal butler training
- Bilingual German/ English and ideally Spanish
- Clean drivers’ license
- Excellent formal and service skills
- Extremely well organized
- Ability to cook light meals
- Independent able to travel
- Knowledge of Hamburg, Mallorca or Ibiza are an advantage
- Experienced with dogs
- Written references from previous private employers
- A recent security check
We are looking for Travelling Butler candidates who are very comfortable with formal service and happy to travel extensively. The client is very easy to get on with and accommodating to staff needs and work hours..
Accommodation for the Travelling Butler in Hamburg as well as in Mallorca are self-contained studios close by or attached to the property or single single accommodation when travelling. A car is available for work.
The hours: 5 days when not travelling, 6 days when travelling (time in lieu given), approx. 9am - 6pm (1 hour for lunch) with some flexibility
Salary: EUR 60000 - 70000 gross a year depending on experience.
To start: as soon as possible